The History of Punggek

Many has asked me this question "What is Punggek?" and to be honest, I never gave it a lot of thought.
But i remember my mother told me few years earlier that when I was small, I used to say the word a lot with my sister but the meaning it represent was not a good one. In the olden days, it was a taboo for kids to say bad words and we were brought up in a world where no bad word existed except the word "bad". We weren't even introduced to the word "beat" although we always got a good beating from our parents almost everday. So my mother told me that me and my sister created the word Punggek to fill the 'void' in our already limited volcabularly.

"I punggek you afterward!" is one of the example that would come out from our mean mouths. So the original meaning of Punggek is "beat". However, concerned with our creativity, my mother introduced us the the word "beat" and the word faded as suddenly as we invented it when.
But when i received a 'revelation' during SALT 1 in Brothers Bungalow to rejuvenate the word. Like in Genesis, when God breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life, the word Punggek started to wake up in a totally different environment. Full of love, the word took another meaning in its second life.

Compassion.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A broken knot... Part 2


"As children bring their broken toys,
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken heart to God,
Begging He'll bring back my friend,

Instead of letting Him to work in peace,
I tried to help and increase the pace,
At last I cried out loud to God,
How could you be so slow?

"My child, my child" He said,
What could I do? You never let go."

Being the human nature that we are, we were granted the grace of HOPE. A faint hope that our best friend my someday return to our side and re-live the once sweet memories. We never really let go. Ever.


Its a painful chapter in our lives, YES! But the soothing memories always comfort the deep pain, the dark pain. It kills me to see even her name before because of the reminder of that deep pain.



No matter how much I force myself to let her go,
No matter how much I force myself to stop thinking about her,
No matter how much I force myself to avoid her,
No matter how much I force myself to forget her,
No matter how much I force myself to hate her,
Eventually, its her touch that kept me going...



And that's why I'll always love her.



You know who you are... ^_^

No comments: