The History of Punggek

Many has asked me this question "What is Punggek?" and to be honest, I never gave it a lot of thought.
But i remember my mother told me few years earlier that when I was small, I used to say the word a lot with my sister but the meaning it represent was not a good one. In the olden days, it was a taboo for kids to say bad words and we were brought up in a world where no bad word existed except the word "bad". We weren't even introduced to the word "beat" although we always got a good beating from our parents almost everday. So my mother told me that me and my sister created the word Punggek to fill the 'void' in our already limited volcabularly.

"I punggek you afterward!" is one of the example that would come out from our mean mouths. So the original meaning of Punggek is "beat". However, concerned with our creativity, my mother introduced us the the word "beat" and the word faded as suddenly as we invented it when.
But when i received a 'revelation' during SALT 1 in Brothers Bungalow to rejuvenate the word. Like in Genesis, when God breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life, the word Punggek started to wake up in a totally different environment. Full of love, the word took another meaning in its second life.

Compassion.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The pain of having a true friend...


Either over a very long period of time or maybe for a brief second, everyone, in their line of life, have had a true friend ... A girl and a boy, a girl and a girl or even a boy and a boy...

Its a bond beyond lovers, its an understanding beyond siblings. Its a soul parted in two different bodies...

I had the honor to have one along this short period of my life. She is amazing! Younger than I am she might be, but she is nothing short of a miracle in my life. I don't have to mention who she is.

The irony is that for every parted soul, there is a deep desire in either one that the other doesn't feel. And that small flaw is the root of all destruction for true friendship. Its like a rite of passage that they must get through to identify the nature and basis of their relationship. I've seen many pure, innocent relationship destroyed by this. Even went through it myself for 1 excruciating week. It was horrible. I cried 5 nights in a row. I can never accurately describe the pain. The pain of absence, the pain of loneliness, the pain of ever growing ego. Simply because of the miss understanding of an unfulfilled desire.

There are 2 ways out from this abyss. You either overcome it together and emerge with a much deeper, stronger and understanding relationship or the bond is broken forever beyond any hope of salvaging it. I thank God mine got of the first route. Too bad, some of my friends weren't as lucky as I am. Its very very sad when u notice that a once so close relationship, now forsaken. Its like seeing a butterfly not wanting to land on a flower anymore.

The key out of this abyss is to talk.

I believe that if a relationship goes through this phase, its more like an honor. Its a recognition that their relationship has arrive to a point where it can be tested to determine the level of purity and honesty.

To those who are going through this phase in their life, lay down your ego. Your relationship means more than anything. Talk and accept your other soul as they are.

Apologize and forgive...

But please remember 1 thing though, if that doesn't work, maybe it wasn't a relationship to start with.

No comments: